We at RST International Ltd want you to buy with confidence. As a result, we want to share with you the work that we do to keep our customers safe and secure.
How we protect your information
- Our company is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and has always been compliant with the Data Protection Act.
- At our offices, we employ state of the art technology to ensure that all information relating to your order is processed and stored securely.
- Furthermore, our company has a dedicated ‘Data Protection Officer’ who manages the handling of data across our company. This means that you can be assured that all information handling procedures are taken very seriously and it means that you can buy with confidence.
- We appreciate you visiting our website and if we are lucky enough to have you as a customer, when you place an order with us, we will use your information to process your order.
- This includes your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers and the items that you have ordered from us.
- Upon dispatching of your order, we will retain your order details for historical accounting audit purposes. Furthermore, your contact details will be used to keep you updated on the delivery of your consignment.
- We will never sell on your details.
- Once you have ordered from us, we will add you to our e-mail mailing list and will e-mail you with promotional information. Rest assured that these are sent out rarely and only on the occasions that we have some outstanding deals to offer to you. Within each e-mail there are clear instructions on how to unsubscribe and you can do so at any time.
Your request for Information
- If you would like to see a copy of all information that is held about you by us, kindly click here to be directed to our Contact Form . Within the form, remember to include the following message "I would like a copy of all information held about me”. Upon receipt, we will confirm that your request has been received. Following this, we will provide this information to you within 30 days. Even though our cost to prepare the information is significantly higher, we ask for a fee of £10 to contribute towards our cost for preparing this information
Our Commitment To You
- We are committed to our customers and will always keep your information safe and secure.
- Your order information is always kept organised and safeguarded at all times.
- We will NEVER sell your information to another company.
We are totally committed to ensuring that your online shopping experience is completely private and when you give us your name, address, credit card, contact details, or any other personal details we promise to keep them safe and secure and with the exception of that outlined in this policy, we promise never to share them with anyone outside of our website.
Our website is as secure as we can make it, with up-to-date security features. The website uses 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology which is the most advanced level of security that is currently available for online purchasing. When you are in a secure area of the website, such as the checkout screens, you should see a solid padlock in your browser status bar to indicate that the encryption is taking place.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages, which we use to keep track of what you have in your basket and remember you when you return to our website.
To utilise all the online shopping and personalised features of our website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need cookies enabling, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘Key’ so that once you’re signed in, is associated with this information.
We're giving you this information as part of our programme to both comply with legislation, and to ensure we're honest and transparent about your privacy when using our website. We know you'd expect nothing less from us – we will always endeavour to treat your information as if it were our own.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, aboutcookies.org. If you’d like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
Link to these pages
Network Advertising Initiative Websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/
We treat your personal data in the same way we would want our own data treated – so we are absolutely committed to ensuring your details are kept confidential, and only used to provide you with outstanding customer service.
We promise never to sell your personal details to any company, and unless specifically authorised by you to do so, we will never pass your details to third-party companies for mailing or marketing purposes outside of our website.
When you make a purchase from us we need to collect some personal information from you. Your information is held on secure servers and we fully complies with the obligations required of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and current consumer legislation.
What We Collect
Title, first name and surname
Contact information including telephone number and email address
Geographical information – your address and postcode and IP address
Information about your online purchases from us (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it)
Information about your online browsing behaviour and information about when you click on one of our adverts
Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
If You Contact Us
When you contact us, or we contact you or you take part in promotions, we may collect:
Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
How We Use Your Data
We require this data to understand your needs and provide you with an excellent service, but also:
Placing, processing and dispatching your order(s)
Internal record keeping
Analysing demographic and geographical location data via Google Analytics using cookies
Providing you with website sharing services and social network connectors
We may use the information to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products & special offers
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
We may use information to manage and improve our day-to-day operations
Email Marketing Services
From time to time, we may email you with offers and updates on our products and services. These emails may be personalised to contain your name for promotional reasons. We use some third-party institutions to perform services on our behalf, including the handling, processing and fulfilment of your order. They receive only the information required to do this and all such institutions are under strict contractual obligations to keep your personal information secure and private.
Phishing Emails and Calls
Phishing is the process of gaining someone’s personal data illegitimately. This is often done by email and telephone, with the phisher claiming to be from an official or legitimate source.
Never share your personal information with someone claiming to be from us. If we need to legitimately contact you regarding your payment method or delivery (for example), we will ask you to call. If you believe someone is attempting to deceive you into passing your personal data over, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you would like to learn more about phishing, please see the Action Fraud website.
We try to ensure our mailings are relevant and contain offers that interest you, but should you no longer wish to hear from us, click the link at the bottom of one of our emails to update your account preferences. The process to unsubscribe your email may take up to five working days.